Our Community Support Worker job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Community Support Worker role
A Community Support Worker provides support and assistance to individuals with physical, emotional, and/or mental health issues. Responsibilities may include helping clients with daily activities such as shopping, meal preparation, and transportation; providing emotional support; and helping identify and access appropriate community resources.
The purpose of a Community Support Worker is to provide assistance, support, and guidance to individuals, families, and communities in need. This assistance can include helping individuals to access resources, providing assistance with housing and employment, providing emotional support, and helping to connect individuals with community organizations and services. The Community Support Worker will be responsible for helping to foster positive community relationships, advocating for clients, and helping individuals to make informed decisions about their lives.
Community Support Worker Summary
The Community Support Worker provides assistance to individuals in the community who are in need of support and guidance. This role involves identifying needs, developing and implementing individualized plans, advocating for clients, and connecting clients to services and resources. The successful candidate will have strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. They will be compassionate and understanding, and have a commitment to social justice, advocacy, and community building. This position requires a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Community Support Worker Duties
- Provide emotional and practical support to individuals and families in a variety of settings
- Assist clients with daily activities such as meal preparation, shopping, housekeeping, and transportation
- Develop and implement individualized care plans that meet the needs of the clients
- Conduct assessments to identify the needs of the client and create individualized plans
- Maintain accurate records of client services and progress
- Provide crisis intervention and support
- Liaise with other professionals, such as health and social care workers, to ensure continuity of care
Community Support Worker Skills
Community Support Worker Requirements
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Knowledge of community resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication skills