Our Behavioral Health Case Manager job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Behavioral Health Case Manager role
A Behavioral Health Case Manager provides support services to individuals with mental and/or behavioral health issues. They assess clients’ needs and develop treatment plans, provide counseling and education, coordinate care with other healthcare providers, advocate for clients, and monitor progress.
The purpose of a Behavioral Health Case Manager is to provide support and guidance to individuals with mental health or substance abuse issues. The case manager assesses the individual's needs, develops a plan of action and coordinates services with other health professionals. They also provide education and support to the individual and their family to help them better cope with their condition. The case manager also helps the individual access community resources and provides referrals for additional services as needed.
Behavioral Health Case Manager Summary
A Behavioral Health Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive case management services to clients with mental health and/or substance use disorders. This includes completing assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, advocating on behalf of clients, coordinating services, and providing crisis intervention services. The Case Manager must maintain a professional relationship with all involved parties, including clients, their families, and other providers. The Case Manager must also ensure that client rights and confidentiality are respected at all times.
Behavioral Health Case Manager Duties
- Assess clients’ behavioral health needs and provide appropriate interventions
- Develop treatment plans and monitor progress
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to coordinate services
- Educate clients and their families on how to manage mental health conditions
- Refer clients to support services and community resources
Behavioral Health Case Manager Skills
- Provide case management services to individuals with mental health and/or substance abuse issues
- Develop and implement individualized service plans
- Coordinate with other service providers to ensure the needs of clients are met
- Provide crisis intervention and emotional support
- Assist individuals in making community connections and utilizing resources
- Monitor progress and document service delivery
- Keep abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations
Behavioral Health Case Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a behavioral health setting
- Knowledge of community resources and services
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills