Our Check Out Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Check Out Clerk role
A Check Out Clerk is responsible for accurately processing customer purchases at the checkout counter of a retail store. They must possess excellent customer service skills, be able to handle cash and credit transactions, and accurately handle and reconcile cash drawers.
The purpose of a Check Out Clerk is to assist customers in completing their purchases in a store. This includes ringing up items, providing customer service, handling cash, credit, and debit transactions, and ensuring that the store's checkout area is well organized and tidy. The Check Out Clerk will also occasionally assist with stocking shelves, organizing merchandise, and helping customers find items in the store.
Check Out Clerk Summary
The Check Out Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service while accurately completing cashiering transactions. This position requires a friendly and professional demeanor, as well as the ability to operate a cash register and process payments. Responsibilities include greeting customers, scanning items, answering customer inquiries, bagging merchandise, handling returns, and balancing the register. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Check Out Clerk Duties
- Process customer purchases accurately and efficiently
- Verify customer information and obtain payment
- Answer customer questions regarding products and services
- Stock shelves and keep sales floor clean and organized
- Follow safety procedures
Check Out Clerk Skills
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Data entry
Check Out Clerk Requirements
- Ability to accurately handle cash and credit card transactions
- Ability to accurately scan items and enter pricing information
- Ability to process returns and refunds
- Ability to provide excellent customer service