Our Board Operator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Board Operator role
A Board Operator is responsible for operating the audio board to ensure quality sound for radio broadcasts, live performances, and other audio related events. They are responsible for setting up and adjusting the audio equipment, monitoring the audio levels, and troubleshooting technical difficulties. They must also be able to multi-task and respond quickly to changes.
The purpose of a board operator is to run the technical operations of a radio or television broadcast. This typically involves operating the control board, setting up and monitoring audio levels, launching audio clips, connecting remote broadcasts, and other duties as assigned. The board operator is usually the first line of technical support for the radio or television station, and must be able to troubleshoot technical issues quickly and effectively.
Board Operator Summary
The Board Operator is responsible for operating the broadcast console and other related equipment in a radio or television broadcast studio. This position requires a keen eye for detail and an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The Board Operator is responsible for playing commercials, music, and other audio files, as well as for monitoring audio levels and sound quality. The Board Operator is also responsible for following the station's broadcast format, making announcements, and working closely with on-air talent. The Board Operator must also be proficient with computers and other broadcast equipment, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Board Operator Duties
- Set up and operate audio equipment
- Adjust sound levels and quality
- Record audio tracks
- Monitor guests and audio levels
- Ensure all audio equipment is functioning and operational
Board Operator Skills
- ability to multitask
- proficiency in computer applications
- exceptional customer service skills
- ability to follow instructions
Board Operator Requirements
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in audio and video equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of broadcasting laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment