Our Industrial Mechanic job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Industrial Mechanic role
Industrial mechanics are responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining a variety of industrial machinery and equipment used in factories and other industrial settings. They use a variety of tools and techniques to diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and ensure that all industrial machinery is functioning properly and safely.
The purpose of an industrial mechanic is to maintain and repair industrial machinery and equipment, as well as diagnose and troubleshoot faults. Industrial mechanics are responsible for ensuring that industrial machines and equipment are running properly and safely, and that all issues are attended to in a timely manner. They may also install new systems or modify existing ones to meet the needs of their clients. Additionally, industrial mechanics may provide preventative maintenance and inspection services to help ensure that machines and equipment are running efficiently.
Industrial Mechanic Summary
Industrial Mechanic Job Summary:
As an Industrial Mechanic, you will maintain and repair factory machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment. You will diagnose issues and troubleshoot mechanical problems, assemble and install mechanical components and equipment, and perform routine maintenance and repairs. You will also inspect and test equipment, adjust and calibrate equipment to meet specifications, and document all work performed. You must possess strong mechanical aptitude, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to work independently.
Industrial Mechanic Duties
- Assemble, install, and maintain industrial machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals
- Test, inspect, and adjust equipment to ensure proper operation
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance
- Order parts and supplies as needed
- Maintain accurate repair and maintenance logs
Industrial Mechanic Skills
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems
- Repairing and replacing defective parts
- Assembling new equipment
- Testing and calibrating equipment
- Reading and interpreting schematics
- Maintaining tools and parts inventory
Industrial Mechanic Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Ability to use hand and machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, and power saws
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Ability to install and maintain industrial machines and equipment
- Able to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment