Our Digital Imaging Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Digital Imaging Technician role
A Digital Imaging Technician (DIT) is responsible for the technical aspects of digital acquisition and the subsequent management of digital media. They work closely with the camera department to ensure that the digital media is properly prepared, stored and backed-up for post production. DITs also troubleshoot any technical issues that arise and advise on the best practices for digital media management.
The purpose of a Digital Imaging Technician (DIT) is to ensure the highest quality digital images are recorded, maintained, and delivered for a production. DITs are responsible for managing the entire workflow of digital image data from the camera to post-production, including capturing, organizing, backing up, and transferring media. DITs must possess a comprehensive knowledge of digital imaging technology and be able to troubleshoot digital cameras, monitors, and other related equipment. DITs must also be able to work closely and effectively with the camera team, post production department, and other departments to ensure the successful completion of a production.
Digital Imaging Technician Summary
The Digital Imaging Technician is responsible for the setup, operation, and maintenance of digital imaging equipment used in the production of motion pictures and television. The Technician must have a thorough understanding of the digital workflow process, have the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment, and be able to work with a wide variety of clients in a professional manner. The Technician will be required to manage multiple projects and tasks, collaborate with other crew members, and adhere to industry standards and procedures. The Technician must have a strong technical background and experience in all aspects of digital image capture. This position requires flexibility and excellent customer service skills.
Digital Imaging Technician Duties
- Set up cameras and other equipment for production shoots
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment during shoots
- Perform technical tests and adjustments on equipment
- Ensure that cameras and equipment are in optimal working condition
- Set up digital workstations for post-production
- Organize and store footage
- Manage digital media files
- Record data for each shot
- Provide technical advice to production crew
- Train new crew members
Digital Imaging Technician Skills
- Digital Imaging
- Computer Software
- Technical Troubleshooting
Digital Imaging Technician Requirements
- Experience in digital photography and video recording
- Expertise in camera equipment, lighting, and audio
- Excellent knowledge of digital imaging software
- Proficiency in operating computer systems
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Technical aptitude
- Problem-solving abilities