Our Die Setter job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Die Setter role
A Die Setter is a skilled worker who sets and operates dies in a manufacturing environment. They are responsible for ensuring that the dies are properly set up and adjusted in order to produce parts with the required specifications. The Die Setter is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of presses and other machinery, such as die-casting machines, progressive presses, transfer presses, and more. They may also be responsible for troubleshooting issues with the dies and making adjustments to ensure that the parts are produced correctly.
The purpose of a Die Setter is to set up and operate metal-forming machines, such as press brakes and punches, to shape or cut metal components or pieces to specified dimensions. They read and interpret blueprints or other instructions to determine the size, shape and other specifications of the finished product. Die Setters ensure that the machines are set up properly and safely, and they adjust the settings as needed to maintain quality standards. They also inspect the finished pieces to make sure they meet specifications, and they may do minor repairs or maintenance on the machines.
Die Setter Summary
A Die Setter is responsible for setting and maintaining the dies used in manufacturing processes. Duties include inspecting and measuring dies to ensure accuracy, aligning dies in machines, and calibrating machines for proper operation. They also clean and lubricate dies and machines, set up and perform tests to check for accuracy and quality, and inspect finished products for defects. Die Setters must be knowledgeable of safety regulations and be able to follow instructions and read blueprints.
Die Setter Duties
- Set up and operate die-casting machines to cast metal parts
- Maintain, clean, and repair dies
- Inspect and measure die-casted parts for defects and conformance to specifications
- Perform necessary machine maintenance and lubrication
- Monitor machine operation and make adjustments as needed
Die Setter Skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- High attention to detail
- Competency in die setting
Die Setter Requirements
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of metalworking processes
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and other technical drawings