Our Caster Operator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Caster Operator role
Caster Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining casting machines in a manufacturing environment. They must ensure that the machines are producing quality products in a safe and efficient manner. They must also monitor the machines for any malfunctions, and make necessary repairs or adjustments.
The purpose of a Caster Operator is to operate and maintain a caster, which is a machine that rolls and shapes molten metal into billets, blooms, or slabs for further processing. This includes setting up the caster, adjusting its speed and tension, monitoring the quality and quantity of the output, and troubleshooting any problems that may arise. The Caster Operator is also responsible for safety and cleanliness in the work area and ensuring that all safety protocols are followed.
Caster Operator Summary
A Caster Operator is responsible for operating and monitoring metal casting equipment to ensure efficient and accurate production. They must be proficient in the safe operation of furnaces, ladles, and other casting equipment, as well as the ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings. The Caster Operator must also be able to inspect finished product for quality assurance and troubleshoot any issues that arise during production. Attention to detail and safety is paramount to this position.
Caster Operator Duties
- Operate caster machines to prepare and shape metals
- Maintain and inspect caster equipment
- Monitor and adjust machine settings to meet specifications
- Record production data and prepare reports
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs
Caster Operator Skills
- Control and adjust machines to produce castings
- Monitor the process of casting
- Maintain the casting machines and equipment
- Inspect products to ensure they meet quality standards
Caster Operator Requirements
- Ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to operate CNC machines with precision
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes
- Familiarity with safety procedures and regulations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to work independently