Our Automotive Painter Helper job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Automotive Painter Helper role
Automotive Painter Helper is responsible for assisting the Automotive Painter in all tasks related to preparing and painting automotive vehicles. Duties include sanding and prepping vehicles, cleaning, masking and taping off areas, and applying primers, lacquers, and other finishes. The Automotive Painter Helper is also responsible for disposing of hazardous materials and cleaning up the work area.
The purpose of an Automotive Painter Helper is to assist Automotive Painters in the preparation and painting of automotive vehicles. This typically includes sanding, masking, and priming vehicles before they are painted, as well as cleaning, buffing, and detailing the vehicle once it has been painted. The Automotive Painter Helper may also be responsible for mixing paint, keeping the paint booth clean, and performing minor repairs on vehicles.
Automotive Painter Helper Summary
Automotive Painter Helper
The Automotive Painter Helper assists the Automotive Painter in prepping and painting vehicles. The Helper prepares the vehicle for painting by cleaning, sanding, and masking off areas that should not be painted. They also mix paint, clean and maintain tools and supplies, and apply primer and sealer to the vehicle. The Helper works under the direction of the Automotive Painter and follows safety procedures at all times. This is a great opportunity to learn the trade and gain experience in a fast-paced automotive environment.
Automotive Painter Helper Duties
- Prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding, masking, and priming
- Mix paint to achieve desired colors
- Help automotive painter apply paint, finishes, primers and sealers
- Clean and maintain painting equipment and tools
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining the workspace
Automotive Painter Helper Skills
- Prepare surfaces for automotive painting
- Apply primers and sealers
- Mix paints and clear coats
- Spray and sand surfaces
- Clean and maintain painting equipment
Automotive Painter Helper Requirements
- Ability to use a variety of tools for painting and sanding vehicles
- Ability to work with a variety of paints and finishes
- Ability to prepare surfaces for painting
- Ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to take direction
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills