Our Aerospace Assembler job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Aerospace Assembler role
Aerospace Assemblers construct and assemble parts, components, and subassemblies for aircraft, spacecraft, satellites, and missiles. They read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the appropriate sequence of assembly and install components. They also inspect and test assembled parts and systems to ensure they meet specifications.
The purpose of an Aerospace Assembler is to assemble parts, components, and systems for aircraft and aerospace vehicles. This includes assembling parts according to blueprints and specifications, using a variety of tools and machines, and ensuring that the assembly meets all quality and safety standards. The Aerospace Assembler will also be responsible for reading and understanding assembly instructions and diagrams, troubleshooting and diagnosing any problems with the assembly, and performing routine checks and maintenance on the assembly.
Aerospace Assembler Summary
Aerospace Assembler is responsible for assembling components used in the production of aircraft, spacecraft, and other aerospace products. Duties include reading blueprints, following instructions from supervisors, and using hand and power tools to assemble components. Candidates should have knowledge of aircraft parts and be comfortable working with a variety of materials. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
Aerospace Assembler Duties
- Assemble aircraft components and systems
- Install wiring, hydraulics and fuel systems
- Test and inspect installed systems
- Align and calibrate aircraft systems
- Inspect and troubleshoot malfunctioning systems
Aerospace Assembler Skills
- Ability to read and interpret assembly blueprints
- Excellent manual dexterity and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of aerospace fastener installation and torqueing processes
- Ability to use hand and power tools
Aerospace Assembler Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, blueprints and schematic diagrams
- Ability to use hand and power tools and testing instruments
- Ability to work with close tolerances and fine attention to detail
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines