Our Abstractor job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Abstractor role
Abstractor: A professional who collects and summarizes information from a variety of sources, such as legal documents, medical records, and other documents, for use in research and legal proceedings.
The purpose of an Abstractor is to analyze, research, and summarize legal documents. This includes reviewing and analyzing contracts, deeds, judgments, wills, and other documents that contain important legal information. The Abstractor must have the ability to identify key details, summarize them accurately and efficiently, and present the information in a clear and concise manner. The Abstractor is also expected to provide support to attorneys and other legal professionals by researching, analyzing, and summarizing relevant data.
Abstractor Job Summary
An Abstractor is a professional who extracts and summarizes relevant information from a variety of sources. They are responsible for researching and analyzing legal documents, medical records, and other sources of data to create summaries and abstracts. The goal is to efficiently extract key points and accurately represent the contents of the source material. Abstractors must have strong research and communication skills, as well as the ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Research and analyze legal documents to identify key information
- Summarize key points from legal documents
- Maintain accurate records of information gathered
- Verify accuracy of documented information
- Analytical Thinking
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Ability to comprehend complex written material
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Strong research abilities