Our Golf Caddie job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Golf Caddie role
Golf caddies are responsible for carrying golfers' clubs, providing golfers with advice on club selection, and assisting them with other needs while they are playing a round of golf.
The purpose of a golf caddie is to assist a golfer during a round of golf by carrying their clubs, providing advice on the course, and helping to maintain the pace of play.
Golf Caddie Summary
A Golf Caddie is a person who carries and manages the golf clubs and other equipment of a golfer during a round of golf. Caddies are responsible for knowing the rules of golf, understanding the golf course, and providing advice and assistance to the golfer. They must be able to carry a heavy bag of clubs for long distances and in all types of weather conditions. Caddies will often provide assistance in reading the greens, selecting clubs, and helping the golfer select the correct shot for a given situation. They should also be able to offer support and encouragement to the golfer throughout the round.
Golf Caddie Duties
- Prepare and maintain golf course
- Assist players with equipment
- Identify and advise on hazards, rules, and regulations
- Provide players with useful information during their round
- Keep score for players
- Perform basic maintenance on golf course
Golf Caddie Skills
Golf Caddie Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry golf bags
- Ability to walk up to 8 miles over the course of a day
- Familiarity with golf equipment and game rules
- Ability to give golfers advice and keep score
- Ability to withstand outdoor conditions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good physical stamina
- Knowledge of golf rules and etiquette