Our Cardiology Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Cardiology Technician role
A Cardiology Technician assists cardiologists in diagnosing and treating cardiac and vascular diseases. They perform diagnostic tests such as electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, stress tests, and other tests used to monitor and diagnose heart conditions. They also assist with performing catheterizations, preparing and operating equipment, and providing patient care.
The purpose of a Cardiology Technician is to provide patient care services in a cardiology setting. This may include performing electrocardiograms (ECGs), echocardiograms, stress tests, and other non-invasive cardiology procedures. The technician will also assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac conditions. They are also responsible for maintaining accurate patient records and ensuring the safety of all patients throughout their care.
Cardiology Technician Summary
Cardiology Technician Job Summary:
The Cardiology Technician is responsible for providing technical support to the cardiologist in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. This includes assisting with non-invasive diagnostic tests such as EKGs, Holter monitors, stress tests, vascular ultrasounds, and echocardiograms. The Technician also assists with minor surgical procedures, patient care, and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a team of medical professionals. A high school diploma or equivalent is required, as well as a current certification in the field.
Cardiology Technician Duties
- Perform diagnostic tests such as electrocardiograms, stress testing, Holter monitoring, and cardiac catheterization
- Assist physicians with invasive procedures such as balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Prepare patients for procedures by performing electrocardiograms and other tests
- Explain procedures to patients and answer any questions they may have
- Maintain patient records and review results with physicians
- Provide instruction to patients on how to use medical equipment
- Perform quality control checks on equipment
Cardiology Technician Skills
- ability to operate medical equipment
- knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology
- ability to read and interpret medical records
Cardiology Technician Requirements
- Assist cardiologists in the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease
- Operate diagnostic equipment such as electrocardiograms (ECG) and echocardiograms
- Perform tests including Holter monitor readings, stress tests, blood pressure readings, and other tests as directed
- Keep detailed and accurate records of patient information
- Assist cardiologists in performing procedures such as cardiac catheterizations and angioplasties
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently