Our Cancer Registrar job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Cancer Registrar role
A Cancer Registrar is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and maintaining patient information in a cancer registry database. This includes gathering patient data from medical records, entering data into the database, and maintaining data accuracy. They must also provide information to support cancer research and clinical care.
The purpose of a Cancer Registrar is to collect, analyze, and maintain medical information related to cancer diagnosis, treatments, and outcomes in an accurate, complete, and timely manner. The Cancer Registrar must follow all applicable laws and regulations governing the handling of private health information and documentation. The Cancer Registrar is also responsible for providing data to support healthcare providers, researchers, and other healthcare organizations in their efforts to improve the quality of patient care and outcomes.
Cancer Registrar Summary
A Cancer Registrar is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and maintaining patient data related to the diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of cancer patients. They provide comprehensive data management and data analysis of cancer patient information for research and clinical care. Cancer Registrars collaborate with other healthcare professionals such as oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and surgeons to ensure accurate and timely registration of cancer patients. They also prepare reports for various cancer-related organizations, provide support to medical staff, and assist in research activities.
Cancer Registrar Duties
- Monitor and maintain cancer patient records
- Gather and analyze data and statistics related to cancer diagnoses and treatments
- Prepare and present reports to healthcare organizations
- Assist healthcare providers with patient follow-up
- Maintain compliance with state and federal regulations
- Provide support to cancer patients and their families
Cancer Registrar Skills
- Data entry
- Medical records management
- Attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Cancer Registrar Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in health information management, health sciences, or related field
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) credential
- Knowledge of data quality assurance principles and practices
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Proficiency