Our Admitting Representative job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Admitting Representative role
The Admitting Representative is responsible for registering patients into the hospital, verifying insurance coverage and collecting co-payments. They provide excellent customer service, answer all questions related to registration and enter patient information into the hospital's computer systems accurately.
The purpose of an Admitting Representative is to ensure the efficient and accurate registration of patients who are admitted to the hospital. This includes verifying patient information, collecting payments, and handling insurance paperwork. Admitting Representatives are responsible for obtaining all necessary information to ensure the patient is properly registered and to ensure the hospital receives the correct payment for services. They must be familiar with the medical terminology, insurance terminology, and coding systems used in the medical field. Admitting Representatives must also be able to accurately enter data into the hospital's computer system, answer patient and family questions, and provide excellent customer service.
Admitting Representative Summary
An Admitting Representative is responsible for ensuring the efficient and accurate registration of patients in a healthcare facility. This includes verifying patient information, collecting payments, and explaining the facility's policies and procedures. They must have a working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology, filing systems, and computer programs. Admitting Representatives must be able to handle a fast-paced environment and be able to remain professional, courteous, and tactful when dealing with patients and their families.
Admitting Representative Duties
- Greet and register patients in a friendly and professional manner
- Provide general information to patients and visitors
- Verify patient insurance coverage
- Collect payments and copays
- Schedule patient appointments
- Answer phones and respond to inquiries
- Perform other administrative tasks
Admitting Representative Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer literate
Admitting Representative Requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare personnel
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data entry
- Knowledge of medical terminology and office management procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills