Our Hydraulic Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Hydraulic Technician role
Hydraulic technicians maintain and repair hydraulic systems, which use pressurized fluids to power machinery and equipment. They inspect, diagnose, and troubleshoot systems, replace parts, and adjust settings as necessary. They must be knowledgeable in the principles of hydraulics and have skills in the use of tools and mechanical and electrical testing equipment.
The purpose of a Hydraulic Technician is to install, inspect, maintain, repair, and troubleshoot hydraulic systems and components. They ensure the proper functioning of hydraulic systems, such as pumps, valves, cylinders, accumulators, and motors, in order to meet the needs of the client. Hydraulic Technicians also perform diagnostic testing, make adjustments and repairs, and perform preventative maintenance on hydraulic systems. They may also provide training and technical support to end-users.
Hydraulic Technician Summary
Hydraulic Technician Job Summary
The Hydraulic Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems. They must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctioning components and perform repairs using the appropriate tools and techniques. The Hydraulic Technician must possess excellent technical, mechanical and problem-solving skills. They must also be able to read and understand technical manuals. This job requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The Hydraulic Technician must be familiar with safety regulations and be able to follow them at all times.
Hydraulic Technician Duties
- Repair, maintain and install hydraulic systems and components
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostics on hydraulic systems
- Read and interpret hydraulic schematics, drawings and blueprints
- Test hydraulic systems and components
- Maintain records and document maintenance and repair activities
- Work with a variety of tools and equipment
Hydraulic Technician Skills
- Troubleshoot hydraulic systems
- Install hydraulic systems
- Perform maintenance of hydraulic systems
- Repair hydraulic components
- Test hydraulic systems
Hydraulic Technician Requirements
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Test and balance flow and pressure in systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Clean and maintain hydraulic components
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals