Our Biochemical Engineer job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Biochemical Engineer role
A Biochemical Engineer is responsible for applying chemical engineering principles to the development and production of biological products such as food, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. This includes designing processes to produce, test, and analyze these products, as well as conducting research related to biochemistry, molecular biology, and biotechnology.
The purpose of a Biochemical Engineer is to use engineering principles and techniques to design and develop bioprocesses and equipment for the production of products and services. They work with biological systems such as proteins, enzymes, and other biochemical materials to create solutions for a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, and bioplastics. They also develop processes and equipment to improve the safety, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of production. Biochemical Engineers are also responsible for monitoring and maintaining the quality of products and services, as well as researching and developing new products and processes.
Biochemical Engineer Summary
Biochemical engineers apply their knowledge of biochemistry and engineering principles to develop processes and products that solve problems in the fields of health care, food production, and environmental protection. They design and develop biological processes for the production of fuels, chemicals, drugs, food, and other products. They also develop systems for the safe disposal of hazardous materials and the treatment of waste. Additionally, they may design laboratory equipment, analyze data, and supervise production processes. This job requires a combination of scientific knowledge and technical expertise.
Biochemical Engineer Duties
- Design, develop and optimize biochemical processes for the production of food, pharmaceuticals, fuels and other products
- Conduct research to develop new and improved biochemical engineering processes
- Create models to simulate biochemical processes and troubleshoot existing processes
- Develop and optimize methods for the separation, purification and analysis of biochemical products
- Identify and evaluate new biological materials and processes
- Research and develop enzymes, microorganisms and other biological materials for commercial use
- Oversee the operation of biochemical engineering processes in production
- Manage personnel and resources in the biochemical engineering laboratory
Biochemical Engineer Skills
- Organic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Cell Culture
- Molecular Biology
- Genetic Engineering
Biochemical Engineer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in biochemical engineering or related field
- Proficient with biochemistry, biotechnology and chemical engineering principles
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of safety procedures and protocols
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment