Our Aerospace Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Aerospace Technician role
An Aerospace Technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing aircraft and related systems. They work on engines, electrical systems, landing gear, and other components in order to ensure that aircraft are safe and functioning properly. Technicians must be knowledgeable of aviation regulations, safety protocols, and troubleshooting techniques.
The purpose of an Aerospace Technician is to provide technical support for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft or related components and systems. This role involves inspecting, testing, servicing, and troubleshooting aircraft systems, components, and related equipment to ensure proper functioning and safety. Aerospace Technicians must possess excellent problem-solving skills and be knowledgeable in aircraft technical drawings, manuals, and specifications. They must also keep up to date with the latest developments in the aerospace industry.
Aerospace Technician Summary
Aerospace Technician is responsible for inspecting, testing, and repairing aircraft systems and components. They must be knowledgeable in the use of avionics and other electronic systems, as well as aircraft engines, hydraulic systems, and other components. They must be able to diagnose malfunctions and use technical manuals to repair and replace parts. They must also understand safety regulations and be able to comply with them. The Aerospace Technician must also be able to work independently and in coordination with other technicians.
Aerospace Technician Duties
- Perform pre-flight and post-flight inspections on aircraft
- Analyze aircraft systems to identify and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Repair, replace, and test aircraft components
- Conduct routine maintenance on aircraft systems
- Test modifications and repairs to ensure airworthiness
- Document work performed and parts used
Aerospace Technician Skills
Aerospace Technician Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with aerospace technology