Our Intake Worker job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Intake Worker role
An Intake Worker is responsible for assessing and evaluating the needs of clients who are seeking assistance from a social services program. They collect and review documents, interview clients, and provide referrals to the appropriate services. Intake Workers also provide guidance and support to clients and their families.
The purpose of an intake worker is to assist individuals with accessing resources and services that can help them improve their health and quality of life. This may include providing information, referrals, and support to individuals and families in need. Intake workers may also assess the needs of individuals and connect them to appropriate services, such as mental health counseling, employment assistance, and housing programs. Furthermore, intake workers may provide follow-up services to ensure that individuals are continuing to make progress towards their goals.
Intake Worker Summary
Intake Worker Job Summary
The Intake Worker is responsible for providing assistance to individuals seeking access to services offered by the organization. The Intake Worker will collect information, provide guidance and assistance to individuals in order to determine eligibility for services and review documentation to ensure accuracy of information. The Intake Worker will also provide referrals to other organizations and resources when appropriate.
The successful candidate must possess excellent communication, problem-solving and customer service skills. The Intake Worker must also be able to work independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of community resources is beneficial.
• Gather information from individuals seeking services
• Provide guidance and assistance to individuals in order to determine eligibility for services
• Review documents to ensure accuracy of information
• Provide referrals to other organizations and resources when appropriate
• Manage data entry and maintain accurate records
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure clients receive appropriate services
• Provide customer service to clients and answer questions
• Complete other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience working in a customer service environment
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of community resources
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage data entry and maintain accurate records
Intake Worker Duties
- Gather information from clients to assess their needs and develop customized plans
- Provide counseling, referrals and advocacy services
- Advocate for clients in various settings
- Monitor client progress and adjust plans as needed
- Maintain accurate records and reports on client progress
Intake Worker Skills
- Problem Solving
Intake Worker Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in social work or related field
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal resources
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong Communicator
- Able to Prioritize