Our Dance Instructor job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Dance Instructor role
A Dance Instructor is responsible for teaching, choreographing, and instructing all types of dance styles to people of all ages and skill levels. Instructors must have knowledge of various dance styles and techniques, and be able to demonstrate and explain them properly. They must also be able to motivate and encourage students to reach their full potential.
The purpose of a dance instructor is to teach individuals and groups different dance styles and techniques in a safe and engaging environment. They are responsible for creating lesson plans, choreographing routines, and teaching proper technique and form. Dance instructors must also maintain a professional attitude, be organized, and have good communication skills.
Dance Instructor Summary
The Dance Instructor is responsible for teaching dance classes to students of all ages and abilities. They will develop, plan, and execute instructional activities designed to improve students' technique, skill, and artistry. The Dance Instructor will also provide guidance as needed to help students develop their understanding and appreciation of the dance form. They will maintain an appropriate environment for learning, with safety and respect as top priorities. The Dance Instructor must also be able to assess, evaluate, and document student performance. The ability to effectively communicate with students, families, and colleagues is essential.
Dance Instructor Duties
- Teach dance classes to students of all skill levels
- Develop lesson plans and choreography
- Provide instruction on technique, safety, and correct form
- Help students develop strength, flexibility, and coordination
- Evaluate student performance and offer constructive feedback
- Maintain a positive and encouraging teaching environment
Dance Instructor Skills
- Excellent knowledge of various dance styles
- Strong communication and teaching skills
- Ability to create and lead fun, creative and engaging dance classes
- Patience and dedication
- Excellent physical condition
- Ability to motivate students
Dance Instructor Requirements
- Outstanding teaching and communication skills
- Ability to teach a range of dance styles
- Flexibility to work a variety of class times
- Knowledge of dance technique, music and performance
- Ability to motivate and encourage students
- Able to multi-task