Our Art History Professor job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Art History Professor role
A Art History Professor is responsible for teaching and researching the history of art and its various disciplines, including visual arts, architecture, sculpture, and textiles. They must be knowledgeable in the fields of art history and the evolution of artistic styles and techniques. They may also provide guidance and advice to students interested in pursuing a career in the field.
The purpose of an Art History Professor is to teach students about the history, theories, and concepts of art and its various forms. They research, analyze, and interpret works of art from various periods and cultures, and discuss the historical, cultural, political, and social contexts of those works. They also assess the artistic merit of various works, create course materials, and advise students on their studies. Additionally, they may also engage in scholarly research and writing, as well as participate in activities related to curating and conserving works of art.
Art History Professor Summary
Art History Professor
The Art History Professor is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses in the field of Art History. The professor will develop and deliver course content and assignments, assess student performance, and provide feedback to promote student learning and success. The professor will also advise students, facilitate research and scholarship, and engage in professional and scholarly activities.
The ideal candidate will have a terminal degree in Art History (PhD preferred) and a record of scholarly publications and presentations. The professor should be knowledgeable in a variety of art historical periods and cultures, and have experience teaching and mentoring students.
The Art History Professor will be expected to teach in a variety of formats, including in-person and online, as well as to advise students on their research and course work. The professor should have excellent communication and organizational skills, and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues.
Art History Professor Duties
- Conduct research and teach courses in the history of art, including painting, sculpture, graphic arts, architecture, and decorative arts
- Develop and teaching curriculum, advise students, and evaluate student progress
- Conduct seminars and lectures in the field of art history
- Prepare and present scholarly papers at conferences and other events
- Conduct field trips to museums, galleries, and other sites related to the study of art history
- Engage in scholarly research and writing on topics related to art history
Art History Professor Skills
Art History Professor Requirements
- A Master's or Ph.D. in Art History or a related field
- Research and teaching experience in Art History or a related field
- Ability to teach at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and enthusiasm for teaching
- Ability to motivate students
- Knowledge of art trends and history
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills