Our Carpenter Assistant job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Carpenter Assistant role
A Carpenter Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of tasks to assist Carpenters with their day-to-day activities. This can include measuring and cutting materials, organizing and delivering materials, and helping to assemble and install items. The Carpenter Assistant must have good knowledge of carpentry techniques and tools.
The purpose of a Carpenter Assistant is to support the Carpenter in the construction and repair of wooden structures and furniture. This includes measuring and cutting wood, assembling frames and components, and sanding and finishing wooden surfaces. The Carpenter Assistant also helps to maintain the tools and supplies used in the shop and assists in the loading and unloading of materials for projects.
Carpenter Assistant Summary
The Carpenter Assistant is responsible for providing support to the lead Carpenter in the construction of projects. The Carpenter Assistant will work closely with the lead Carpenter to ensure that all projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Responsibilities include measuring, cutting, and assembling materials, operating power tools, lifting and positioning materials, and assisting the lead Carpenter in any other duties as needed. The Carpenter Assistant must be able to work well with the lead Carpenter and follow instructions accurately. They must also possess basic knowledge of carpentry tools and techniques.
Carpenter Assistant Duties
- Read blueprints and drawings and take measurements to plan layouts
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to measurements
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors and doorframes
- Help carpenters by holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment
- Help install kitchen cabinets, windows and flooring
- Assist in demolition of buildings and removal of debris
Carpenter Assistant Skills
- Measuring and Cutting
- Following Instructions
- Attention to Detail
Carpenter Assistant Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Experience with basic carpentry tools and techniques
- Knowledge of safety protocols
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lift heavy loads
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to lift heavy objects