Our Boiler Inspector job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Boiler Inspector role
A Boiler Inspector is responsible for ensuring that boilers and other pressure vessels remain safe and in compliance with all applicable regulations. This includes conducting regular inspections, testing, and maintenance of boilers and other pressure vessels, as well as issuing permits and certifications of safety. Boiler Inspectors must have a strong understanding of mechanical systems, boilers, and safety regulations.
The purpose of a Boiler Inspector is to ensure that boilers in residential, commercial, and industrial settings are operating safely and in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations. The Boiler Inspector inspects boilers for improper operation, inspects safety devices to make sure they are operating properly, and performs tests to ensure the boilers are operating at the correct pressure and temperature. The Boiler Inspector also inspects for corrosion, leaks, and other mechanical problems, and records any findings in a report. The Boiler Inspector also provides training to boiler operators, and provides advice and guidance on safety and maintenance.
Boiler Inspector Summary
A Boiler Inspector is responsible for inspecting and testing boilers, pressure vessels, and other related equipment to ensure that they meet safety regulations and standards. They inspect, test, and repair boilers and other related equipment to ensure that it is operating efficiently and safely. They also consult with engineers and other personnel to ensure that all safety regulations and standards are met. In addition, they document findings and issue citations if safety regulations are not met.
Boiler Inspector Duties
- Inspect boilers for safety and efficiency standards
- Record and document boiler inspections
- Enforce state and federal regulations
- Advise property owners on boiler maintenance and repair
- Provide reports to government agencies regarding inspections
Boiler Inspector Skills
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations
- Ability to identify potential structural defects
- Excellent attention to detail
Boiler Inspector Requirements
- Must be certified by the State as a boiler inspector
- Must possess a working knowledge of all applicable codes and regulations
- Must have experience in boiler repair and installation
- Must have ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Must have strong communication and problem solving skills
- attention to detail
- ability to work independently
- ability to interpret technical documents and drawings
- ability to work in a team environment
- good communication and interpersonal skills