Our Block Mason job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Block Mason role
Block masons construct walls, foundations, and other structures using stone, brick, and concrete block. They must be skilled in mixing and laying mortar, setting the blocks, and accurately measuring and cutting the building materials.
The primary purpose of a Block Mason is to construct and repair structures made of brick, concrete blocks, and other masonry materials. They use mortar to join the blocks together and apply sealants to protect the masonry from weathering. Block Masons may also perform tasks such as pointing, tuck pointing, and bricklaying. They may also be responsible for the repair and maintenance of existing masonry structures. This may include pressure washing, caulking, and resetting loose bricks.
Block Mason Summary
Block Mason Job Summary
A Block Mason is a skilled craftsperson who builds and repairs structures made of concrete blocks and other masonry materials. They use hand tools and power tools to accurately cut, shape, and lay blocks to form walls, columns, and other structures. Block Masons must work carefully and precisely to ensure that their work is structurally sound and aesthetically pleasing. They must also be knowledgeable in proper building codes, safety regulations, and industry standards. To be successful, they must possess great manual dexterity and a strong attention to detail.
Block Mason Duties
- Cut and trim bricks and concrete blocks to specified size, using trowel, hammer, and other hand and power tools
- Build and repair walls, partitions, arches, and other structures with brick, pre-cast masonry panels, and concrete block
- Build fireplaces, chimneys, and smoke stacks, using firebrick and refractory mortar
- Mix mortar and grout, using hoe, cement-mixing box, or concrete-mixing machine
- Lay brick and stone for sidewalks, curbs, and roadways
- Spread mortar on bed and face of brick, using trowel
Block Mason Skills
- Brick laying
- Stone cutting
- Concrete mixing
- Mortar mixing
- Repairing masonry
Block Mason Requirements
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Knowledge of bricklaying and masonry techniques
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Capable of working with a variety of materials
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Physical Strength
- Attention to Detail
- Manual Dexterity