Our Asbestos Handler job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Asbestos Handler role
Asbestos Handler is a position that requires the safe handling and removal of asbestos products from buildings and other structures. The handler must be knowledgeable of safety protocols and have experience working with hazardous materials. They must also be able to properly dispose of asbestos according to federal and state regulations.
The purpose of an asbestos handler is to safely remove and dispose of asbestos materials in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Asbestos handlers are responsible for locating and identifying asbestos-containing materials, implementing safety protocols to protect themselves and others from exposure to asbestos fibers, removing the material in a safe and efficient manner, and properly disposing of the material in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations. Asbestos handlers must be knowledgeable of the hazards associated with asbestos material and be able to properly assess potential risks. They must also be able to properly document all work they perform to ensure proper compliance with applicable regulations.
Asbestos Handler Summary
Asbestos Handler Job Summary:
The Asbestos Handler is responsible for the safe removal, handling, and disposal of asbestos-containing materials. This job requires physical strength and stamina, as well as a knowledge of the safety regulations related to asbestos removal. The Asbestos Handler must be able to identify hazardous material and take the proper precautions to protect themselves, as well as others in the work area, from exposure. Other duties may include assisting in the installation of asbestos abatement materials and helping to ensure that the work area is properly decontaminated after the job is completed.
Asbestos Handler Duties
- Perform safety assessments of worksites before starting work
- Handle removal, transportation, and disposal of asbestos materials
- Follow all safety protocols and regulations related to asbestos
- Perform maintenance and repair on asbestos-related materials
- Provide training and instruction on asbestos-related safety procedures
Asbestos Handler Skills
- Follow safety protocols
- Handle and move asbestos materials
- Conduct asbestos abatement projects
Asbestos Handler Requirements
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations related to asbestos handling
- Must have experience in installation, removal, and disposal of asbestos materials
- Must be able to wear the appropriate protective gear including respirators, gloves, and clothing
- Physical strength
- Attention to safety
- Ability to work with hazardous materials