Our Architectural Inspector job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Architectural Inspector role
An Architectural Inspector is responsible for inspecting buildings and structures to ensure they are constructed in compliance with building codes and regulations. They may also complete inspections for renovations, as well as safety checks for existing buildings and structures.
The purpose of an Architectural Inspector is to inspect buildings, structures, and projects for compliance with building regulations, codes, and other standards. This includes examining plans, blueprints, and other materials related to the project to ensure that construction meets all applicable standards. The Architectural Inspector may also review completed projects to ensure that the finished product complies with the standards. They may also be responsible for providing guidance and advice to architects, contractors, and other stakeholders involved in the project.
Architectural Inspector Summary
Architectural Inspector Job Summary
The Architectural Inspector is responsible for inspecting buildings and other structures for compliance with applicable codes, standards and regulations. The Inspector ensures that the construction and renovation of buildings and structures adhere to established specifications and applicable codes. The Inspector also performs field inspections, reviews plans and specifications, and investigates complaints. The Inspector must possess a strong knowledge of the building industry and related codes and regulations.
The Inspector must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The Inspector must be able to take accurate measurements, read blueprints and schematics, and prepare detailed reports. The Inspector must have the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience in the building industry and a valid driver's license.
Architectural Inspector Duties
- Inspect buildings, structures, and other facilities to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, building codes, and safety standards
- Monitor construction activities to ensure that the project is progressing in accordance with the approved plans and specifications
- Examine plans and specifications for new construction or remodeling projects to ensure compliance with established codes and regulations
- Conduct field inspections to verify compliance with safety and building codes, regulations, and ordinances
- Identify and report any potential safety hazards or code violations to appropriate personnel
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to architects, engineers, contractors, and other professionals
- Document inspections, findings, and actions taken, and maintain accurate records of inspections
- Issue permits and certificates upon completion of inspections
Architectural Inspector Skills
- Excellent knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Strong understanding of construction drawings and architectural plans
- Ability to interpret and explain technical information
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Architectural Inspector Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and other documents related to construction
- Familiarity with building codes and standards
- Knowledge of building materials and construction techniques
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think critically
- Mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge of building codes