Our Forensic Artist job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Forensic Artist role
A Forensic Artist creates sketches and/or sculptures to assist law enforcement in solving cases. They use physical descriptions, witness statements, and other evidence to reconstruct faces, objects, and scenes, in order to produce lifelike representations that can be used to help identify suspects and victims.
The purpose of a Forensic Artist is to create a physical representation of a person, based on eyewitness accounts, to assist law enforcement in solving and prosecuting criminal cases. Forensic Artists use a variety of techniques such as sketches, clay and computer graphic programs to create a detailed image of a suspect or victim. These images are used to help identify people, assist in witness line-ups, and provide leads to law enforcement in the investigation of serious crimes.
Forensic Artist Summary
Forensic Artist Job Summary:
The Forensic Artist is responsible for providing professional and accurate facial composite drawings of persons of interest in criminal investigations. The Forensic Artist will use different techniques such as forensic art, composite drawings, age progression, and other methods to capture the physical description of a suspect. The Forensic Artist will work closely with detectives, law enforcement personnel, and other professionals to ensure accuracy and to ensure the best possible outcome for the investigation. The Forensic Artist must be able to interpret and accurately capture the verbal descriptions of suspects provided by witnesses and victims. The Forensic Artist must possess strong communication and technical skills, as well as knowledge of facial anatomy and facial recognition techniques. The Forensic Artist must be highly organized and able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
Forensic Artist Duties
- Create facial composites and sketches of suspects
- Analyze detailed physical traits of victims and suspects
- Research and develop age progression drawings of missing persons
- Collect and evaluate witness statements
- Attend court hearings and provide testimony as an expert witness
- Conduct laboratory analysis of physical evidence
Forensic Artist Skills
- Excellent drawing and visualization skills
- Knowledge of anatomy and facial structure
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with law enforcement personnel
Forensic Artist Requirements
- A degree in forensic art, fine art, or a related field
- Proficiency in drawing, sculpting, and computer graphics software
- Ability to work well with law enforcement personnel
- Attention to Detail
- Artistic Talent
- Ability to Work Under Pressure