Our Art Appraiser job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Art Appraiser role
An art appraiser is a professional who evaluates works of art and other collectible items in order to determine their worth. They need to be knowledgeable in the current market value of the item, as well as the history and condition of the piece, in order to accurately assess its value.
The purpose of an art appraiser is to evaluate the monetary value of artwork, antiques, and other collectibles. This includes researching and analyzing the item's history, condition, and market trends to determine its worth. An art appraiser may also provide written appraisals, reports, or opinions for insurance or legal purposes.
Art Appraiser Summary
An Art Appraiser is responsible for assessing the value of artwork and other collectibles. They must have a deep knowledge and understanding of the art market and the current value of various art objects. They often use a variety of methods, such as comparative analysis, to assess the value of a piece of art. Art appraisers may also be asked to provide advice on the sale or purchase of artwork and to provide expert witness testimony in court. The job requires excellent communication, research, and negotiation skills.
Art Appraiser Duties
- Conduct research on the market value and history of works of art
- Analyze and interpret condition reports and other information about the artwork
- Document findings and communicate results to clients
- Advise clients on the purchase and sale of art
- Provide expert opinion and testimony in court cases
- Stay current on the art market, trends, and legal regulations
Art Appraiser Skills
- In-depth knowledge of art history
- Knowledge of current art market trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Evaluation and documentation of artwork
Art Appraiser Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in art, art history, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of art, art history, and art markets
- Proficiency in art appraisal software
- Ability to research and analyze art and cultural trends
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills