Our Accounts Receivable Supervisor job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Accounts Receivable Supervisor role
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Accounts Receivable department and ensuring accuracy and efficiency in all areas associated with the accounts receivable process. This includes managing the collection of outstanding accounts, resolving customer disputes, and providing accurate and timely reports to management. The Supervisor will also oversee a team of Accounts Receivable clerks and provide training, guidance and support.
The purpose of an Accounts Receivable Supervisor is to oversee the accounts receivable process, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and regulatory compliance. This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective internal controls, monitoring accounts receivable aging reports, and resolving customer disputes. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is also responsible for managing and training accounts receivable staff, evaluating current processes, and developing and implementing new procedures to improve efficiency.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Summary
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all accounts receivable activities and ensuring accurate and timely processing of customer payments. This individual will provide guidance to the Accounts Receivable team and manage any discrepancies that arise. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will be responsible for setting up and maintaining customer accounts, reviewing and reconciling customer statements, and initiating collection activities when necessary. This role will also be responsible for identifying and resolving any billing or payment issues, as well as preparing and submitting various reports to management. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as experience in Accounts Receivable, debt collection, and customer service.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Duties
- Supervise accounts receivable team in daily operations
- Ensure accurate and timely customer invoicing
- Analyze customer accounts, determine credit limit and review customer financials
- Resolve customer inquiries, disputes and discrepancies
- Audit customer accounts and reconcile customer payment
- Maintain and update customer records
- Provide customer service and support
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and policies
- Train and supervise accounts receivable staff
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Skills
- Maintain and manage accounts receivable records
- Supervise and lead a team of accounts receivable personnel
- Monitor accounts receivable aging reports
- Analyze and investigate discrepancies in accounts
- Reconcile accounts receivable data with financial records
- Ensure compliance with internal control standards
- Manage accounts receivable collection process
- Develop and implement accounts receivable policies and procedures
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Strong supervisory experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Proficiency with accounting software
- Strong communication skills