Our Audit Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Audit Clerk role
An Audit Clerk is responsible for providing data entry and administrative support to the audit team. They are also responsible for verifying accuracy and compliance with established policies and procedures as well as performing financial analyses and preparing audit reports.
The purpose of an Audit Clerk is to provide administrative, clerical, and analytical support to auditors. This includes, but is not limited to, collecting and analyzing data, preparing audit documents, and maintaining accurate financial records. Audit Clerks must ensure that all financial documents are accurate and up-to-date and that any discrepancies are promptly addressed. They must also be able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all financial activity is tracked and reported accurately.
Audit Clerk Summary
Audit Clerk Job Summary
The Audit Clerk is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to an internal audit team. This role is essential in helping the team to ensure accurate financial records and reporting. The Audit Clerk will perform various duties such as data entry, reconciling accounts, reviewing documents, preparing reports, and filing documents. This position requires excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have experience in basic accounting principles, the ability to work with a variety of software programs, and the ability to handle confidential information.
Audit Clerk Duties
- Maintain financial records and documents
- Prepare and review audit documents
- Analyze financial data and financial reports
- Verify accuracy of financial documents
- Process financial transactions
- Assist external auditors
Audit Clerk Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Audit Clerk Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and auditing standards
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker
- Strong communication skills