Our Accounts Receivable Assistant job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Accounts Receivable Assistant role
The Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Accounts Receivable team. This includes ensuring accurate and timely processing of customer payments, maintaining customer accounts and records, responding to customer inquiries, and reconciling account discrepancies. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
The purpose of an Accounts Receivable Assistant is to assist with the management of a company's accounts receivable process. This includes tracking invoices, verifying payments, and reconciling accounts. They may also be responsible for preparing reports and maintaining accurate records. Additionally, an Accounts Receivable Assistant may be asked to provide customer service support and communication with customers in regards to their accounts.
Accounts Receivable Assistant Summary
The Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Accounts Receivable department. The Accounts Receivable Assistant will be responsible for processing payments, reconciling customer accounts, and maintaining accurate records. They will also be responsible for resolving customer inquiries, researching and resolving discrepancies, and providing excellent customer service. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Accounts Receivable Assistant Duties
- Maintaining accounts receivable records
- Creating invoices
- Recording cash receipts
- Managing collections
- Resolving billing discrepancies
Accounts Receivable Assistant Skills
- Customer service
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Data entry
- Accounting software proficiency
Accounts Receivable Assistant Requirements
- Assist in the daily accounts receivable activities
- Receive and process incoming payments in accordance with company procedures
- Generate invoices and credit memos
- Analyze customer accounts
- Reconcile customer accounts
- Maintain accurate records of customer transactions
- Communicate with customers regarding payment status
- Assist with month-end closing activities
- Work closely with other departments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational abilities
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite