Our Chiller Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Chiller Technician role
A Chiller Technician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of industrial and commercial air conditioning and refrigeration systems, including chillers and cooling towers. They must have a thorough understanding of HVAC systems and be able to diagnose, repair, and install components. They must also be able to read and interpret schematics and diagrams.
The purpose of a Chiller Technician is to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot chillers and related systems in order to ensure efficient and safe operation. This includes performing preventive maintenance, diagnostics, repairs, and modifications on chillers and related systems. The Chiller Technician must also be able to read and interpret technical manuals, drawings, and schematics, in addition to having the ability to troubleshoot complex systems.
Chiller Technician Summary
Chiller Technician Job Summary
A Chiller Technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing chillers and related systems. The Technician must be able to accurately diagnose, repair, and calibrate chillers and other HVAC equipment. Responsibilities include performing preventive maintenance on chillers, valves, pumps, and other related equipment; testing, calibrating, and adjusting chiller systems; and providing technical assistance to customers. The Technician must possess strong communication and customer service skills, as well as a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems. The ideal candidate will have experience working with chillers, as well as a basic understanding of refrigeration principles.
Chiller Technician Duties
- Install, maintain, and repair chillers and other refrigeration systems
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues
- Inspect and test components to ensure they are working properly
- Conduct regular maintenance to minimize downtime
- Diagnose and resolve issues with air flow, refrigerant levels, and other system components
- Replace malfunctioning components
- Calibrate and adjust components to ensure optimal system performance
- Follow safety protocols and procedures
- Keep up to date with the latest industry developments
Chiller Technician Skills
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems and components
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues
- Proficient in mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics
- Excellent customer service skills
Chiller Technician Requirements
- Ability to safely lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals
- Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair chillers and related components
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical systems