Our Chiller Operator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Chiller Operator role
Chiller operators are responsible for operating and maintaining chillers, which are large refrigeration systems used in a variety of industries, such as food and beverage production and HVAC. Duties include monitoring and controlling temperatures and pressures, troubleshooting and repairing issues, and maintaining records.
The purpose of a Chiller Operator is to operate and maintain chillers, cooling towers, and other associated equipment to provide chilled water for air conditioning and process cooling. This includes monitoring and adjusting equipment to maintain correct temperature, pressure, flow, and other operating parameters, as well as troubleshooting and repairing equipment when necessary. The Chiller Operator also assists in the installation and commissioning of new equipment, performs preventative maintenance, and maintains accurate records.
Chiller Operator Summary
The Chiller Operator is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of chiller systems. The Operator will monitor the equipment, make necessary adjustments, and complete preventive maintenance on the chillers, including checking and replacing parts. They will also troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical issues, as well as identify and document root causes of any problems. Additional duties include verifying proper system operation, completing daily and weekly logs, and assisting with the installation of new equipment. The Operator will also ensure compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
Chiller Operator Duties
- Operate, maintain, and monitor industrial chillers to ensure optimal performance
- Adjust temperatures, pressures, and other settings on chillers
- Perform routine inspections to identify any malfunctions or needed repairs
- Perform preventive maintenance on chillers to ensure optimal running condition
- Maintain detailed records of operating and maintenance activities
- Troubleshoot and diagnose system malfunctions and take corrective action
- Monitor water quality and adjust chemical levels as needed
Chiller Operator Skills
- Ability to read and understand instructions and technical manuals
- Ability to use basic hand tools and multi-meter
- Good mathematics, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic principles
Chiller Operator Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
- Ability to adhere to safety protocols and regulations