Our Composite Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Composite Technician role
Composite Technicians are responsible for the fabrication, repair, and maintenance of composite materials, such as fiberglass and carbon fiber, used in the production of aircraft, aerospace components, and other industrial products. They work closely with engineers and technicians to ensure the quality and accuracy of finished products. A Composite Technician must have a strong understanding of composite materials, fabrication processes, and safety regulations.
The purpose of a Composite Technician is to fabricate, repair, and maintain composite parts and assemblies. This role involves the use of advanced composite materials, such as carbon fiber, fiberglass, and Kevlar, to create products that meet customer requirements and industry standards. Composite Technicians must possess a good understanding of the principles of composite fabrication, and be able to read and interpret technical drawings. They must also be familiar with the use of hand and power tools, as well as a variety of measuring instruments. In addition, they must have excellent problem-solving skills, be able to work well with others, and be able to work within tight deadlines.
Composite Technician Summary
The Composite Technician is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of composite components and assemblies for aerospace and other industries. The technician must possess a thorough knowledge of composite fabrication and assembly processes and procedures, as well as the ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings. The technician must be able to operate and understand a variety of tools and equipment, as well as understand the safety protocols associated with the operation of these tools and equipment. The technician must be able to work independently and as part of a team, and be able to work with minimal supervision while adhering to established quality standards.
Composite Technician Duties
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex systems
- Assemble and configure components
- Perform maintenance and repairs
- Install and test equipment
- Ensure proper functioning of systems
Composite Technician Skills
- Experience in composite fabrication and repair
- Knowledge of aircraft structure and systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of mathematical formulas
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to work in a team environment
Composite Technician Requirements
- Experience with composite materials
- Knowledge of composites manufacturing processes
- Familiarity with industry safety standards
- Ability to work independently
- Technical problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents