Our Airport Ramp Attendant job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Airport Ramp Attendant role
Airport ramp attendants are responsible for providing ground support services to aircrafts and passengers, such as towing, refueling, and loading baggage. They must be able to safely handle aircrafts and perform basic maintenance, as well as follow safety procedures. Ramp attendants also provide customer service to passengers, coordinate ground services, and communicate with air traffic control.
The primary purpose of an airport ramp attendant is to maintain and service aircrafts, loading and unloading cargo, baggage and passengers in accordance with airline specifications. They are responsible for ensuring that all safety regulations are followed and that all aircrafts are loaded, serviced, and readied for flight in a timely manner. Additionally, they may be tasked with inspecting and cleaning the aircraft, marshaling the aircraft for takeoff, deicing the aircraft, and fueling the aircraft.
Airport Ramp Attendant Summary
Airport Ramp Attendant Job Summary
The Airport Ramp Attendant is responsible for providing ground support services to aircraft, passengers, and crew. This includes marshaling aircraft, loading and unloading cargo and baggage, de-icing, and assisting with all ground services. The Ramp Attendant must ensure that all aircraft paperwork is properly completed and must be aware of all safety procedures. The Ramp Attendant is also responsible for cleaning and maintaining the aircraft and the surrounding areas. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Airport Ramp Attendant Duties
- Greet and assist passengers
- Load and unload aircraft baggage and cargo
- Direct aircraft to parking areas
- Secure aircraft to their assigned gates
- Operate ground support equipment
- Verify and inspect aircraft for safety
- Ensure aircraft and passengers are loaded and unloaded safely
- Maintain ramp safety and security
Airport Ramp Attendant Skills
- Customer service
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Knowledge of airport rules and regulations
Airport Ramp Attendant Requirements
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to read and understand instructions
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Ability to lift heavy loads
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to follow directions