Our Airline Captain job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Airline Captain role
An Airline Captain is the highest ranking pilot who is responsible for the safe operation of an aircraft and the passengers onboard. They must possess excellent leadership, communication, and technical skills, and have the ability to make quick and decisive decisions in emergency situations.
The purpose of an Airline Captain is to ensure the safe and efficient operation of aircraft flights, from the time of departure to the time of arrival. The Captain is the highest ranking pilot on board and is ultimately responsible for the safety and welfare of all passengers, crew and cargo on board. The Captain is also responsible for making decisions regarding flight paths, weather conditions, and crew duties. Additionally, the Captain must ensure that all regulations and procedures of the airline are followed and that all passengers, crew and cargo receive the highest level of safety and service.
Airline Captain Summary
The Airline Captain is responsible for the safe operation of a commercial aircraft, ensuring that passengers and crew arrive at their destination safely and on time. The Airline Captain is the highest-ranking pilot on board the aircraft and is in command at all times. The Airline Captain is responsible for making all safety-related decisions, including setting the flight plan, monitoring the aircraft's performance and communicating with air traffic control. The Airline Captain must also make sure that the aircraft is in compliance with all applicable regulations and laws. Other duties of the Airline Captain include supervising the other members of the flight crew and providing customer service to passengers. The Airline Captain must possess excellent communication and decision-making skills, as well as a thorough knowledge of aviation rules and regulations.
Airline Captain Duties
- Plan, coordinate and oversee all flight operations
- Manage the flight deck crew and coordinate with other departments
- Ensure the flight adheres to all aviation regulations and safety guidelines
- Perform pre-flight checks, pilot briefings and other duties
- Maintain a flight log and recording of all flight operations
- Conduct performance reviews of flight crew and coordinate training
- Monitor weather conditions and adjust flight plans accordingly
Airline Captain Skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of aviation regulations and principles
- Ability to work calmly and effectively in stressful situations
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
Airline Captain Requirements
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Hold an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with a valid medical certificate
- Have a minimum of 5,000 hours of total flight time
- Have a minimum of 1,500 hours of pilot-in-command time in jet aircraft
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision making