Our Airframe Mechanic job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Airframe Mechanic role
An Airframe Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing the structural components of aircraft including the fuselage, wings, and landing gear. They use a variety of tools and specialized equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot issues, and may also perform routine maintenance to keep aircraft in optimal condition.
The purpose of an Airframe Mechanic is to maintain and repair the airframes and associated components of aircraft, including engines and flight control systems. This includes inspecting, diagnosing, and troubleshooting defects, as well as repairing, replacing, and testing parts. Airframe Mechanics must also perform regular maintenance and inspections to ensure that aircraft stay in peak condition and remain safe for flight.
Airframe Mechanic Summary
Airframe Mechanic Job Summary:
The Airframe Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, repairing, and maintaining aircraft structures, components, and systems. This includes performing diagnostic tests and troubleshooting, as well as replacing defective parts, and making adjustments and alignments. The Airframe Mechanic must have a comprehensive understanding of aviation safety regulations and the ability to use hand tools and specialized equipment. This is a full-time position requiring excellent problem solving and communication skills.
Airframe Mechanic Duties
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, modify and repair aircraft structures, components and systems
- Maintain aircraft records and logbooks
- Perform aircraft weight and balance calculations
- Assist in aircraft pre-flight and post-flight inspections
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and technical orders
- Comply with FAA and company regulations and standards
Airframe Mechanic Skills
Airframe Mechanic Requirements
- Knowledge of airframe structures and systems
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals and other related documents
- Ability to safely use hand tools and other equipment
- Ability to diagnose and repair aircraft systems
- Experience in aircraft sheet metal fabrication and repair
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tools and machinery
- Problem solving and analytical skills