Our Aircraft Electrician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Aircraft Electrician role
An Aircraft Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical wiring and equipment on aircraft. They inspect, test, and repair wiring, switches, relays, circuit breakers, and other electrical components, as well as test and repair aircraft components and systems.
The purpose of an Aircraft Electrician is to install, inspect, maintain, and repair electrical systems in aircrafts. This includes systems such as navigation, communication, radar, and engine control systems. The Aircraft Electrician must have the knowledge and skills necessary to interpret schematics, read wiring diagrams, and use specialized tools and test equipment. They must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical systems and be proficient in the use of hand and power tools. The Aircraft Electrician is responsible for ensuring that all aircraft electrical systems are in compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
Aircraft Electrician Summary
Aircraft Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical wiring, components, and systems in aircraft. The job involves troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues, as well as performing regular maintenance and inspections. The Electrician will work in accordance with safety regulations and must be knowledgeable of electrical schematics, diagrams, and blueprints. The Aircraft Electrician must have strong problem-solving and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Aircraft Electrician Duties
- Inspect, test, repair and maintain aircraft electrical systems and components
- Install electrical wiring and associated hardware on aircraft
- Troubleshoot electrical system malfunctions
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams and technical manuals
- Comply with safety and maintenance regulations
- Document maintenance activities and service data
Aircraft Electrician Skills
- Read blueprints and technical diagrams
- Install wiring, circuits and navigational and communications equipment
- Test, diagnose and repair electrical systems
- Adjust and calibrate aircraft systems
- Maintain and repair aircraft electrical components
Aircraft Electrician Requirements
- Must have experience in troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems on aircraft
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of aircraft electrical systems
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of aircraft electrical systems