Our Aircraft Deicer job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Aircraft Deicer role
Aircraft Deicer is responsible for spraying deicing fluid on aircraft to prevent the formation of ice on the wings and fuselage.
The purpose of an Aircraft Deicer job role is to ensure that aircraft are safe for takeoff by removing ice, snow, and other frozen contaminants from the exterior of aircraft. This includes using deicing fluids, brushes, and other specialized tools to completely clear the aircraft of any potentially hazardous materials. This role is vital for the safe operation of aircraft and helps to keep passengers safe during all phases of flight.
Aircraft Deicer Summary
The Aircraft Deicer is responsible for safely and efficiently deicing aircrafts in order to ensure safe takeoffs in cold weather. This job requires the Deicer to possess knowledge of aircraft deicing techniques and the ability to safely operate the necessary equipment. The Deicer must also be able to follow all safety protocols, as well as be courteous and professional when dealing with customers. This position requires long hours in cold weather and includes physical labor.
Aircraft Deicer Duties
- Operating and maintaining aircraft deicing equipment
- Inspecting aircraft and deicing equipment for safety and functionality
- Ensuring aircraft are deiced correctly and efficiently
- Maintaining records of deicing operations
- Observing safety protocols
- Complying with safety regulations
Aircraft Deicer Skills
- Aircraft maintenance
- Operation of deicing equipment
- Safety practices
Aircraft Deicer Requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work on short notice
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a safety-conscious environment