Our Family Services Specialist job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Family Services Specialist role
A Family Services Specialist is responsible for providing social services, counseling, and support to individuals and families in need. They assess client needs, develop service plans, and offer guidance to help families build strong and healthy relationships. They also help coordinate community resources to address issues such as poverty, health, substance abuse, and parenting.
The purpose of a Family Services Specialist is to provide support services to families in order to improve their functioning and overall well-being. Responsibilities may include providing counseling and other supportive services, advocating for families in the community, connecting families to resources, and developing and leading family-focused programs and activities. Family Services Specialists strive to empower families to create strong and healthy relationships that foster growth and development.
Family Services Specialist Summary
The Family Services Specialist provides comprehensive services to families to promote their well-being. This individual assesses each family's situation, develops plans to address their needs, and works to implement solutions. The Family Services Specialist will also provide referrals to other professionals when appropriate. They will provide case management, crisis intervention, and counseling services to families. They will also work to advocate for the family, coordinate services, and provide educational resources. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as knowledge of family dynamics and the ability to work independently.
Family Services Specialist Duties
- Develop and implement family services plans
- Provide advice, guidance and support to families
- Act as a liaison between family members, schools, social services and healthcare providers
- Conduct assessments and evaluations of family situations
- Provide crisis intervention services
- Identify resources and referrals to assist families
- Conduct home visits and provide case management services
Family Services Specialist Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Counseling Skills
- Case Management Skills
Family Services Specialist Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or related field
- Knowledge of family counseling techniques
- Knowledge of community and social service programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational skills