Our Clinical Informatics Manager job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Clinical Informatics Manager role
Clinical informatics manager is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of clinical information systems and technologies to support patient care. They ensure the accuracy, security, and reliability of data, applications, and systems. They also work with clinicians, administrators, and other stakeholders to design, develop and implement systems and processes that improve patient care.
The purpose of a Clinical Informatics Manager is to provide leadership in the development, implementation, and support of clinical informatics systems and related technologies. They are responsible for helping to improve patient care through the effective use of technology. They collaborate with clinical staff, IT professionals, and vendors to ensure the successful adoption, use, and maintenance of healthcare information systems. This may include developing and/or customizing software, overseeing data security and privacy, and preparing reports and analytics.
Clinical Informatics Manager Summary
The Clinical Informatics Manager is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of clinical informatics systems and solutions that improve the delivery of healthcare services. The manager will lead a team of informaticists in the planning, design, and development of clinical informatics applications, databases, and systems that support the organization’s clinical operations. The manager will also monitor the use of applications and systems to assess their effectiveness and recommend changes and improvements. Additionally, the manager will provide training and guidance to clinical staff in the use of clinical informatics systems.
Clinical Informatics Manager Duties
- Plan, develop and implement clinical informatics systems
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff on clinical informatics initiatives
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement clinical data standards
- Manage clinical informatics system projects and ensure timely completion
- Analyze clinical data to identify trends, patterns and correlations
- Maintain accurate records and document clinical informatics system processes
- Participate in research and development of new clinical informatics systems
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot problems related to clinical informatics systems
Clinical Informatics Manager Skills
- Computer Science
- Analytical Thinking
Clinical Informatics Manager Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, healthcare informatics, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in informatics, healthcare, or related field
- Experience managing informatics projects and teams
- Knowledge of healthcare informatics, medical terminology, and patient safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills