Our Key Carrier job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Key Carrier role
A key carrier is a responsible position at a retail store where an employee holds the keys to the store and is responsible for setting up and closing the store, managing cash and providing customer service.
The purpose of a key carrier job role is to provide leadership and support to store associates in order to ensure a positive customer experience. Key carriers are responsible for opening and closing the store, setting up and maintaining displays, stocking merchandise, and providing customer service. They may also be asked to perform additional tasks such as cashiering, inventory control, and personnel management. Key carriers are expected to maintain a high level of professionalism and to adhere to company policies and procedures.
Key Carrier Summary
The Key Carrier is a key associate position within retail stores. This position is responsible for providing legendary customer service, accurately performing cash register operations, stocking merchandise, and maintaining the overall appearance and cleanliness of the store. The Key Carrier will have direct responsibility for the store’s cash control, and will be responsible for the opening and closing of the store. The Key Carrier will ensure all store personnel adhere to company policies and procedures and will oversee scheduling, training and motivating staff, as well as conducting performance reviews. The Key Carrier will also be responsible for ensuring that all store employees are providing excellent customer service.
Key Carrier Duties
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Maintain store key control
- Open and close store
- Set alarms and ensure store security
- Receive and account for store deposits
- Assist in pricing, stocking, and inventory control
Key Carrier Skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively
Key Carrier Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle money accurately
- Excellent customer service skills