Our Distribution Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Distribution Clerk role
A Distribution Clerk is responsible for organizing and managing the flow of goods and materials within a warehouse or distribution facility. This includes receiving, storing, picking, packing, and shipping items. They must ensure accuracy and timeliness of orders, and may also be responsible for inventory control and order tracking.
The purpose of a Distribution Clerk is to manage the transportation, storage, and distribution of goods. This includes ensuring that goods are shipped in a timely manner, stored correctly, and delivered to the intended destination. Distribution Clerks are also responsible for tracking inventory, maintaining records, and coordinating with suppliers and customers. They may also be involved in the resolution of customer complaints or issues with orders.
Distribution Clerk Summary
Distribution Clerk Job Summary
The Distribution Clerk is responsible for maintaining the organization and flow of goods shipped to and from the warehouse. This includes receiving, storing, packing, verifying and shipping customer orders, as well as preparing and managing inventory. The Distribution Clerk must ensure accuracy, efficiency and safety of all distribution activities. This position requires strong organizational, communication and customer service skills.
Distribution Clerk Duties
- Maintain inventory of products and materials
- Receive, unload and store incoming products and materials
- Issue products and materials to customer orders
- Prepare outgoing orders for shipment
- Prepare and maintain records of inventory
- Carry out physical inventories
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Distribution Clerk Skills
- Data entry
- Order fulfillment
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
Distribution Clerk Requirements
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects