Our Appeals Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Appeals Clerk role
The Appeals Clerk is responsible for preparing, filing, and maintaining documents related to appeals and other legal proceedings. This role requires a detail-oriented individual who is capable of managing a large volume of documentation and has excellent organizational and communication skills.
The purpose of an Appeals Clerk is to provide administrative support to the appeals process. This includes reviewing and processing appeals documents, maintaining records and files, preparing reports, and providing assistance with the appeals process. The Appeals Clerk is also responsible for answering calls, providing information to callers, and responding to emails and web inquiries. Additionally, the Appeals Clerk may answer questions from court personnel regarding the appeals process and provide general assistance with the appeals process.
Appeals Clerk Summary
The Appeals Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the appeals process. This includes filing appeals, maintaining records, and preparing reports. The Appeals Clerk will also provide assistance with appeals hearings, including drafting orders and decisions, preparing exhibits, and organizing hearing materials. In addition, the Appeals Clerk may be asked to assist with answering phones, photocopying documents, and other administrative tasks as needed. Excellent communication and organizational skills are necessary for this position.
Appeals Clerk Duties
- Prepare court documents and letters for filing
- Manage court docket and calendar
- Conduct research for appeals cases
- Assist with the preparation of briefs and other legal documents
- Answer questions and provide information to clients
- Create and update court records and files
- Organize documents for lawyers and judges
- Perform administrative tasks such as filing, copying and scanning
- Monitor court deadlines and other due dates
Appeals Clerk Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of court procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in computer software
Appeals Clerk Requirements
- Ability to handle a variety of administrative tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of court rules and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask