Our Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor role
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising the safe and efficient maintenance of all aircraft. They ensure the highest standard of aircraft maintenance is met, by overseeing the aircraft maintenance staff and maintaining effective communication with the other departments. They coordinate with the other departments to ensure that all maintenance activities are completed in a timely manner and are in compliance with all applicable FAA regulations. The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for handling any issues that arise with the aircraft and for training personnel.
The purpose of an Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is to ensure the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of aircraft, by overseeing the work of aircraft maintenance technicians and providing technical guidance and assistance. They are responsible for supervising the daily activities of maintenance personnel, ensuring that aircraft are being maintained according to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and standards, and ensuring that aircraft maintenance activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor also plans, coordinates, and evaluates maintenance activities, and provides technical direction to maintenance personnel. Additionally, they may be responsible for training personnel in aircraft maintenance and safety procedures, and ensuring that all personnel comply with FAA regulations and safety policies.
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Summary
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a team of Aircraft Maintenance Technicians in the day-to-day operations of the aircraft maintenance and repair division. The Supervisor will ensure that all aircraft maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations, safety standards, and manufacturer specifications. They will plan and schedule maintenance activities, conducting regular maintenance and repair inspections, and troubleshooting any issues that arise. The Supervisor will also coordinate with other departments to ensure that all necessary equipment, supplies, and personnel are available to complete work in a timely manner. The Supervisor will also provide technical guidance and training to maintenance staff, ensuring that all personnel are up-to-date on the latest safety and maintenance procedures. Additionally, the Supervisor will monitor and review all maintenance activities and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Duties
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of aircraft maintenance technicians
- Ensure proper implementation of safety procedures and regulations
- Schedule maintenance work and inspect completed work to ensure quality
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs
- Maintain records and document aircraft maintenance activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Skills
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in aircraft maintenance
- Knowledge of aviation regulations
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Familiarity with aviation regulations and best practices