Our Cellar Worker job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Cellar Worker role
Cellar worker is responsible for maintaining and organizing the storage of beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages in a brewery, winery, or other beverage production facility. They inspect and manage inventory, clean and sanitize equipment, perform quality control tests, and package and store finished products.
The purpose of a Cellar Worker is to maintain and cultivate the wine cellar, including the storage, organization, and maintenance of wine bottles, as well as the preparation of bottles for sale. The Cellar Worker is responsible for organizing the wine cellar in a manner that ensures the quality and safety of the wine. Additionally, the Cellar Worker is responsible for labeling, sorting, and organizing the bottles, as well as maintaining the temperature and humidity of the cellar. Furthermore, the Cellar Worker is responsible for ensuring the proper storage and handling of the bottles, as well as providing customer service and assistance with sales.
Cellar Worker Summary
Cellar Worker Job Summary
A Cellar Worker is responsible for the maintenance, cleaning, and organization of a winery's underground cellar. This position is essential to help ensure the quality, safety, and consistency of the winery's wines.
The Cellar Worker's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Cleaning and sanitizing fermentation tanks, storage tanks, and other equipment
* Monitoring and measuring the progress of wines as they go through the aging process
* Maintaining the temperature and humidity of the cellar
* Inspecting and testing wines for clarity, color, and taste
* Stocking and organizing the cellar with necessary supplies
* Labeling and organizing barrels and tanks
* Assisting in the bottling, labeling, and packaging process
To be successful in this role, Cellar Workers must have good organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Knowledge of winemaking and fermentation processes and experience with cellar work is preferred.
Cellar Worker Duties
- Maintain cleanliness of the cellar environment
- Organize and store wine, beer, and other beverages
- Monitor temperature and humidity levels
- Check for and treat signs of spoilage or infestation
- Receive, unload, and store incoming shipments
- Rotate and restock shelves
- Assist in loading outgoing orders
- Operate machinery such as forklifts and pallet jacks
Cellar Worker Skills
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Knowledge of winemaking process
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow safety protocols
Cellar Worker Requirements
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Ability to work in a cold and damp environment
- Knowledge of wine and beer varieties
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation procedures
- Ability to work independently