Our Brewer job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Brewer role
Brewers create and maintain beer recipes and oversee the fermentation, packaging, and distribution of beer. They use their knowledge of brewing techniques to create unique beer styles and flavors. Brewers also manage the production process, ensuring that all beer is brewed according to established standards of quality.
The purpose of a Brewer is to produce beer and other malt beverages through the fermentation of grains, hops, and other ingredients. This includes creating recipes, selecting ingredients, purchasing and storing supplies, measuring and mixing ingredients, monitoring fermentation and aging processes, filtering and packaging beer, and ensuring quality control. Brewers also collaborate with other brewery personnel in the production, packaging, marketing, and sales of the final product.
Brewer Job Summary
The Brewer is responsible for creating and producing craft beer, from start to finish. This includes developing recipes, selecting and combining ingredients, and overseeing the fermentation, conditioning, and packaging processes. The Brewer must also ensure the quality and consistency of the finished product, and work to develop new recipes and beers. The Brewer must be able to work independently and in a team environment, and must have knowledge of sanitation and safety protocols in a brewery setting. A successful Brewer is organized, detail-oriented, and passionate about the craft beer industry.
- Create recipes for beer
- Operate brewing equipment
- Monitor fermentation process
- Conduct laboratory analysis of beer
- Package and store finished product
- Knowledge of brewing processes and techniques
- Ability to work with and maintain equipment
- Understanding of safety protocols
- Knowledge of quality control techniques
- Ability to work with a variety of ingredients
- At least 1 year of professional brewing experience
- Knowledge of brewing science, processes, and equipment
- Understanding of craft beer styles and trends
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of various beer styles
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to operate brewing equipment safely and effectively
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning procedures