Our Brake Operator job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Brake Operator role
A Brake Operator operates and maintains brake control systems in order to control speed, tension, and power of machinery and vehicles. They inspect, adjust, and maintain brakes, inspect brake parts for wear, and test brakes for proper operation. They also investigate and troubleshoot brake systems, diagnose problems, and repair or replace defective parts.
The purpose of a brake operator is to operate machinery to adjust and monitor brakes, such as disc brakes, drum brakes, and clutch brakes. This role involves inspecting, adjusting, and maintaining brakes and related components, as well as troubleshooting brake-related problems. The brake operator also must have knowledge of the machinery’s technical specifications and be familiar with the safety protocols associated with the position. Additionally, the brake operator must be able to follow instructions and be detail-oriented in order to ensure that brakes are working properly and efficiently.
Brake Operator Summary
A Brake Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining the mechanical brake systems used in production and manufacturing operations. The job involves setting up and adjusting the brakes, as well as monitoring their performance to ensure they are working correctly. The Brake Operator is responsible for keeping the brakes in good condition, troubleshooting any problems, and performing regular maintenance. The Brake Operator must have a good understanding of mechanical principles and be able to work with a variety of tools. Safety is a top priority, and the Brake Operator must follow all safety protocols.
Brake Operator Duties
- Monitoring and controlling brake machinery
- Performing regular maintenance checks
- Carrying out brake adjustments and repairs
- Ensuring brake equipment is functioning safely and properly
Brake Operator Skills
- Ability to read and interpret brake system diagrams
- Ability to operate brake systems safely and efficiently
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair brake systems
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures
Brake Operator Requirements
- Ability to operate brake press machinery
- Familiar with safety protocols of press brakes
- Experience in performing maintenance on press brakes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to multitask
- Good problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently