Our Automotive Title Clerk job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Automotive Title Clerk role
Automotive Title Clerks are responsible for processing vehicle title documents and ensuring accuracy and compliance with state and federal regulations. They work in car dealerships, financial institutions, and other related businesses. Automotive Title Clerks must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and have a thorough understanding of state and federal regulations.
The purpose of an Automotive Title Clerk is to process titles for cars and other vehicles and ensure that all paperwork is properly filed and that all legal requirements are met. They are responsible for verifying and checking documents, running background checks, and recording ownership. They may also work with government agencies and other entities to ensure that the paperwork is in order and that the vehicles have all necessary documentation.
Automotive Title Clerk Summary
A Automotive Title Clerk is responsible for processing the sale, transfer and registration of motor vehicle titles. The clerk must review documents and ensure accuracy, completeness and conformity with existing state regulations. They must accurately enter data into the computer system and process title applications, fees and taxes. The clerk assists customers with title transfer, title fees and other related services. They must also answer customer inquiries, resolve customer problems and provide excellent customer service.
Automotive Title Clerk Duties
- Verify accuracy of titles and other documents related to vehicle ownership
- Issue and process titles for new and used vehicles
- Process title transfers for vehicles being sold or traded
- Record and maintain vehicle, title, and lien information
- Prepare and submit title, registration, and other related documents to state agencies
- Assist customers with title and registration-related questions
Automotive Title Clerk Skills
- Knowledge of state vehicle titling laws
- Attention to detail
- Ability to accurately manage and maintain paperwork
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Automotive Title Clerk Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to vehicle titles
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Accuracy and organization skills