Our Desktop Technician job description includes the Administrative Assistant responsibilities, duties, skills, education, qualifications, and experience.
About the Desktop Technician role
Desktop Technician is a technical support professional providing support to computer users. They diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software and network issues and provide technical support and advice to users. Desktop Technicians install new equipment, configure and maintain desktops and peripherals, and upgrade software. They also provide training on computer usage and help protect networks from security threats.
The purpose of a Desktop Technician is to provide technical support and troubleshooting for desktop computers and related software and hardware, including printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices. The Desktop Technician is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of all desktop systems, quickly identifying and resolving any issues that arise, and providing user training and support when necessary. Additionally, the Desktop Technician may be responsible for the installation and maintenance of software, hardware, and networking components.
Desktop Technician Summary
The Desktop Technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. They are also responsible for resolving technical issues for clients and helping them to install, maintain, and troubleshoot computer systems. The Desktop Technician is expected to have a strong working knowledge of computer operating systems and be able to diagnose and resolve technical issues efficiently. They must also be able to communicate effectively with clients and possess excellent customer service skills.
Desktop Technician Duties
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop computers, laptops, and related hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide ongoing technical support
- Perform system backups and maintain records of system maintenance and repair
- Implement and maintain security measures on desktop computers
- Maintain inventory of computer hardware and software
- Provide technical assistance to other staff
Desktop Technician Skills
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Install and upgrade software applications
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Configure and maintain computer systems
- Provide technical support to users
Desktop Technician Requirements
- Experience in desktop computer hardware and software installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- Knowledge of operating systems, network protocols, and network topologies
- Ability to diagnose and repair technical issues
- Familiarity with computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, and other devices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software